Monday, March 16, 2009

Do You Hear the People Sing...

It has been a very busy few days for me here. And even know I don't have much time for an update, but I figure quick I'd try and wrap up the last week or so. I promise to you (and myself) that I will get to my Morocco trip soon. Anyway, classes have been really picking up, we've had a lot more assignments, papers, and projects the past few days than ever before, which sucks in itself, and it really doesn't help that I don't own a computer right now either. Other than that though, I have definitely been enjoying my time back in London. Last Thursday i went and saw Les Miserables. I really can't think of a more famous play and although it wasn't my favorite I've seen, I'm definitely so happy that I went. The production was great and the story was amazing. Last week I also went and saw a play entitled How It Ended. It was performed in a theater about the size of the living room back home. And that is no exaggeration. My class was at least half the audience and the play was performed about a foot in front of my face. And although it was short, it was just such a cool experience. This past Friday we went to the park and got challenged to a soccer game by a bunch of British boys. Admitting defeat before we began we agreed to get our ass kicked by them. Funny thing though, as we started to play, we started to win..by a lot. In fact we dominated them. Sure we got tired and the score ended up being kinda close but we won handily. Another funny thing, I am an old old out of shape man. Not only did I have to play goalie at the end of the game, I spent the rest of the weekend in bed because my entire body ached from the physical exercise.

Luckily I finally was able to move again as Sophie and Carolyn got here. I was SO excited to see them. The past few days have been great. I really enjoy playing tour guide to my new home and showing them around the city. Tonight I took them to see Avenue Q. For me it was just as good the 2nd time around, and they enjoyed it so that worked out great. Right now I'm just procrastinating from homework, and getting ready for the big St. Patty's Day celebration tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment